Come and enjoy being part of the the Hills Church Community!
At the Hills Church we believe that the best part of community is the sharing of our own gifts with each other. Whether your gift is singing, helping feed the hungry, supporting the sick, teaching children, supporting the church through membership on a ministry team, carrying pumpkins, or just joining with others in worship, your gifts are valued here!
We come together as a church family every Sunday for worship – to feed our souls, and nourish our children’s spiritual growth.
But that is just the beginning. We celebrate at pot-luck dinners, sing campfire songs together at retreats, worship with soaring music on Special Music Sundays, pray together at the loss of loved ones, watch our children serve others on youth trips, feed the hungry hundreds of Super Subs on Super Bowl Sunday, give special gifts to needy families at Christmas, cry together at natural and manmade disasters, let our hearts leap for joy as we hear our children sing as a choir, and support the many other wonderful things that happen at the Hills.
There are many ways to become involved. But don’t just wait for someone to ask you. Sign up for any of the events and programs below. Or ask a minister. Or contact the nominating committee. Your involvement could be just for a day, or it could become an integral part of your life experience here at the Hills Church. This is a chance to meet new people, to try something different from your normal experience in a safe welcoming environment, or to just have fun.
Can you help encourage a child? There are many ways to serve, many ways to be involved in a child’s life. You can make a difference to a little someone. Don’t want to do Sunday morning? Ask about helping at summer vacation Bible School. Ask about being a youth mentor. We are a village. Contact Sally Tomasetti (email@example.com) or any member of the Children’s Ministry Team for more information.
- Teach Sunday School — Nurture the spiritual growth of our children!
- Youth Group Mentor — Support the youth of the church in their faith formation.
- Youth Service Trips — Be a chaperone and travel to exotic places.
- Adult Education — Help facilitate the education, or experience it.
- Bible Study
- Advent and Lenten Small Groups
- Pot-luck Suppers
- Advent Dinner
- Progressive Dinner
- Men’s Group
- Women’s Ministry
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Cookies with Santa
Worship and Music
- Bell Choir
- Children’s Choir
- Lay Readers
- Community Hour
- Lay Worship Services
Christian Service: Serving Others, Serving God
- Family Promise — Providing Shelter for Homeless Families
- Food Pantry — Providing Food Assistance to over 300 local families
- Pumpkin Patch — October pumpkin sale and fundraiser for local charities and youth trips. Click Here to Volunteer
- Super Subs — Work with the church’s youth on Super Bowl Sundays to feed hundreds in shelters across Boston and to raise funds for youth mission trips
- Rummage Sale — Clean out your attic/garage/basement and bring what you no longer need to the Rummage Sale to raise funds for local charities
- Grace House — Serve meals to the needy
- Habitat for Humanity — Help build homes to provide housing for the needy
- Honduras Hope — Participate in immersion service trips to help remote Honduran villages
- Siddi Partnership — Travel to India to provide support for the descendants of African slaves living in poverty in southwest India
Church Leadership, Committee and Ministry Team Participation
- Children’s Ministries
- Christian Service Support Board
- Church Council
- Deacons/Spiritual Care Support Board
- Faith Formation Support Board
- New Beginnings
- Parish Life
- Pastor-Parish Relations
- Personnel and Compensation Committee
- Property Maintenance
- Seniors Ministry
- Stewards Support Board
- Teaching Parish
- Technology Committee
- Women’s Ministry Team
- Youth Ministry Team
Tell us what you want to do!
Sign up here, and list those things you want to do. You will be contacted!