Family Fun Nights
Several times each year, we gather for fun, family-oriented evening activities. Movie night: watch family fun movies on the BIG screen with pizza and popcorn. GAME night: enjoy pizza, snacks and LOTS of prizes for kids and parents alike (everyone wins!).
Family Christmas Eve Pageant
Children of all ages are welcome to attend this family-oriented, audience participation service where the congregation serves as the cast to our pageant—the actors are invited to pick up a costume and be part of the special story. Children ages zero through Grad School are invited to participate in the pageant.
Join the fun when children of all ages ages race through the churchyard to hunt for Easter eggs, meet the Easter Bunny, make crafts, facepaint and play with the baby animals in the petting zoo.
Grace Knight Babson Night
Hills Church participates annually in the Grace Knight Fund for Religious Education and in the events that make up Grace Knight Babson Night. On this special day, we join other houses of worship from across Wellesley to share in an hour of song, skits, and scripture recitation. This event is held each year on a Sunday in late May.
What an exhilarating week we have at Big Adventure! A week-long, very fun adventure into the Bible. Children sing out, play and create. We make new friends through fun times and service. All campers make Mac & Cheese for the Wellesley Food Pantry. Each year, we also have a “wet fun” day with a water slide on the front lawn of the parsonage, we get covered in paint, and we go on an offsite mystery trip.
Children in Church School have the opportunity throughout the school year to participate in many service opportunities during the church school hour. These opportunities vary by year but can include:
- Making dessert for the NWW ecumenical worship service for adults with developmental disabilities;
- Making sandwiches for the Bristol House or Common Cathedral;
- Making blankets;
- Planting bulbs and leaf raking;
- Participating in MLK service day activities with their families;
- Making holiday cards to accompany meals being delivered to the elderly and shut-ins;
- Making candy gift bags for Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly;
- And more!
In addition to opportunities for active service, we collect items to share with people in need, including:
- Food each Sunday for the Wellesley Food Pantry;
- Donations for various missions throughout the year, such as Heifer International;
- Christmas gifts for local children; and
- Hats and Mittens for Cradles to Crayons.