We strive to live out the call to “love God and neighbor,” sharing our time, talents, and money. Countless hours of adult and youth volunteer time is devoted to service opportunities both at home and abroad. Every annual campaign and fundraiser (Visit our Pumpkin Patch in October!) earmark the largest portion of money raised to be spent outside our walls on service to others.
Our efforts range from providing dinners monthly at Woods Mullen Shelter or raising a tool for Habitat for Humanity, to hosting homeless families of the Family Promise Network, to aiding the disenfranchised Siddi tribes of Southwest India and the poor of Central America. All members are welcome to participate and find new ways to expand our outreach in the world.
Here are some of the things we have done recently:
- AIA/Siddi Partnership trip to India once a year to work with women and children dealing with educational, health and cottage industry needs. (Summer)
- All Church Service Day – One day service opportunities for all church members. Activities include: cooking for food shelters, planting flowers at the church, raking leaves for the elderly and Project Habitat. (The first or second Saturday in November)
- Family Promise Metrowest – Wellesley Hills Church houses several homeless families for a week four to five times a year. Service opportunities include setting up, cooking, doing laundry and hosting.
- Grace House – Opportunity to cook and serve meals for homeless individuals at a shelter in Framingham.
- Habitat for Humanity – Three times a year, our church sends a group of ten people to assist in building homes in partnership with the Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity. Our group hammers, saws, and paints alongside current and future residents. We also support Habitat’s efforts financially, donating money for supplies.
- Thom Charles River Early Intervention – Sponsor either an impoverished individual or a family for Christmas by purchasing Christmas presents. (December)
- Wellesley Food Pantry – Donate canned goods. Baskets are located in the church hall. (Each Sunday)
- Woods Mullen – Cook and/or serve homeless people. (The second Saturday of each month)
- Coat Drive – Donate a gently used coat for the poor. (November)
- Heifer Project – Buy an alternative gift of a pig, lamb, or chickens to support a family in a third world country. (November)