2022 Walk to End Homelessness
May 1, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
WHCC has a team walking at Elm Bank on May 1st at 2pm for the
13th Annual Family Promise Metrowest – Walk to End Homelessness
Please help this amazing local organization with a track record of tangible results.
Go to the following link, scroll down and search for Team Name: “WHCC Hills Hoofers”
Click HERE to go to the donation page where you can also register to walk at Elm Bank with our team!
For information contact: Lucy Sur or Marbo Hansen
Family Promise is much more than an overnight shelter.
- During the day, the professional staff works with families to provide intensive coaching,
helping them access community resources, secure stable employment and childcare,
create a sustainable budget, and set long-term goals to address the root causes of their
- In addition to shelter, FP also offers the SAIL program, launched in 2013, which
supports families for one year as they transition from shelter back into apartments, and
- the Steps to Success program, launched in 2015, which provides educational and
- In 2017, FP launched the LIFE homelessness prevention and shelter diversion program,
which helps families avoid eviction and shelter entry by providing subsidies for rent in
arrears or security deposits, advocacy with landlords, and one year of family coaching
and educational workshops.
- Last year FPM helped 64 families, including 101 children, transition to a “home”.
- Please help!